Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Back from Vacation-Exciting News!

Hello Everyone,

Well, I'm back from Ohio and Pennsylvania. I know I've been gone for a week, but a lot has happened.

Exhibitions:
Well, I submitted an entry to Manifest Gallery's "2nd International Painting Annual". I sent in the spray painting of my self portrait stencil with the halo. I really hope I get in, it would be nice to have an Exhibition via Print on my resume. Here's hoping!

Gallery:
Well, a few days ago I was approached by a co-op gallery owner that I know about showing and selling my ceramics in her gallery. It is a sale gallery, so it's not an exhibition, but I'm getting a great contract and I'm going to be in with a fantastic gallery and maybe even make some money while I'm at it, spread my name around, and it's just a wonderful opportunity. I'm really excited to go meet her at the gallery on Saturday, sign some papers and drop off my work. I'm so excited!

Senior Show:
I believe I've finally got my senior show nailed down. I hope I can stick to this one and that it will be a great show! It's going to teach me a lot about painting, that's for sure! I'll drop a journal/blog on it soon explaining it all, I still have to figure it out a bit myself. But it's Greek Mythology inspired if that gives you anything to go on.

Making up Price lists and Figuring out Overhead:
Well...who knew selling things at a gallery could be so complicated. I've been making spreadsheets galore to keep track of all my art spending per medium and total studio overhead. Hopefully I can finally get in the green, since I've been in the red since I started my ceramics studio, but now I've branched out a bit, so hopefully we can get more cash flow.

Suggestion:
I suggest any of you looking to start a career as a fine artist, as a real professional, read "How to Survive and Prosper as an Artist: Selling Yourself Without Selling Your Soul" by Caroll Michels. It will change your world, just saying. It's the most helpful, practical, and entertaining how-to-be-an-artist book I have ever read. READ IT!

Well, that's it for now I believe, cheers!

Ben

Oh...P.S....came out to my Dad, glad I did it. I feel much better now.

Deviantart: http://www.devianart.com/the-angel-gabriel
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/gabrielsgrove
Website: http://bcoffmanart.webs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment