Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

New Fish-Aquarium Ideas and Info

Possible decoration designs.

Possible Aquarium designs

Hey Everyone,

So, went out today to our local aquarium specialty store "The Fish Doctor" and purchased 2 more Blood-Fin Tetra's to go along with my 3 that I already had and also 3 Red Swordtails (1 male and 2 females). I'm really interested in starting a small breeding operation with the swordtails, but first I'll just see how they act and how they are feeling in the tank.
Shiva and Fireball have been next to one another in separate tanks for the past few days and Shiva is showing signs that she wants to mate. Fireball is getting very old and I would like to keep his lineage going, so I'm planning on introducing them to one another later today.

So other than that, here's what's going on.

Ceramic Aquariums:
So I'm thinking of making some ceramic tanks that I can throw on the wheel. I would throw something like a car tire (smaller of course) with a bottom. When turned up on it's side and glass installed, it would be like a one sided aquarium. After that I have to figure out how to install a light and of course I'll build a lid for it. It would also need some sort of shield for the bulb. It's still a work in process, but the only way I'm going to figure out all the problems is by building one, so I'm gonna give it a shot!

Ceramic Aquarium Decorations:
So, I found out that people used to use old terracotta pots in aquariums all the time. Also, I can use a clear glaze that will not affect the water on terracotta and have it not be a algae and bacteria breeding ground! I'm thinking of making some natural looking rock formations and then also doing some wood/tree looking pieces. I'm also thinking of doing some pieces with Oni Masks or skulls on them with holes for the fish to swim through or hide in. I'm still working through it, but hopefully I will have some work made soon that is actually good!! If I get enough made, I might even sell some on Etsy, we'll see I guess.

Well, thanks for reading, another blog post tomorrow!

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment