Search This Blog

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Betta Breeding Day 1/New Male Betta-Neptune

Neptune, new male Betta.

Neptune and Shiva.

Another great pic of Neptune. He has beautiful color!

Hey Everyone,

New Male Betta: Neptune
So, the other male, Fireball, won't blow a bubble nest, no matter what I do. So I went out today and got a new male, Neptune. He's a steel blue with green iridescence. He is absolutely gorgeous. I'm really excited to see how he works with Shiva, my female.

Breeding Day 1:
So I introduced Neptune into his breeding tank today and he started blowing a bubble nest right away under a piece of styrofoam I put in there for that purpose.
I put Shiva's tank right next to him and he immediately turned a darker blue and she developed stripes on her body and turned colors within 10 minutes. They have really taken a liking to one another! So I have her in a hurricane glass in the breeding tank and I'm leaving them there for tonight so he will blow a much bigger bubble nest. I'll be introducing them tomorrow to get the eggs in the nest. I'll keep pictures! I'm really excited to see the results of a red female and a blue/green iridescent male! Should be interesting!

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment