Search This Blog

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Avatar Portrait WIP I


Hello Everyone,

Well, I've gotten to sit down a couple times and paint and this is my result.
Size: 8"x10"
Media: Acrylic on Panel
Time: 2 sittings, 5 hours (so far)

I was inspired to do this portrait by the movie Avatar because it is so beautiful and I just love the movie. I've watched it too many times for how long it is and it just never gets old for me. I was also inspired by Nathan Ota and his painting technique to do some small, intensive studies in acrylic. Hopefully this will be a successful painting. I have one other 8x10 panel gessoed and ready to go and also an 11x14 so I can work a little bigger once I've started developing a little more skill. I should be able to work on this again this memorial day and maybe again later in the week. I will post it as I go!

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment